Oh My Honey 2013 Bridal Collection



We love Oh My Honey 1950s inspired dresses, so when Louise got in touch to ask us if we'd make a film for her new bridal collection, the answer was an emphatic "YES!"

The shoot came together in a wonderfully fortuitous way. Louise stumbled across the venue whilst out on a walk. It's a 12th century barn (12th, really!!) with a handy stock of salvaged theatre lights lying around - perfect for the atmosphere that we wanted to create.

Antonia McKenzie was the model and with Nicky from Pretty Pout's beautiful hair and make up she looked every inch the 1950s starlet.

It was the first time that I'd used my freshly restored 16mm camera in anger, it's a thing of engineering beauty - clockwork with no electronics of any kind. I used it in tandem with my usual Beaulieu Super 8 camera to give a couple of different textures.

I'm really happy with the results, the 16mm shows off the beautiful details of the dresses in a way that super 8 probably couldn't, but it still has all of the filmic loveliness.

Louise's 2013 Bridal Collection is incredibly gorgeous, they're all hand-made from sumptuous fabrics, they look amazing and move beautifully. 'Rebekah' is my personal fave, see the whole collection for yourself here: www.ohmyhoney.co.uk

The track is by Gabby Young and Other Animals, the flowers were provided by Wookie Flowers and the Petticoats are by Petticoats-a-Plenty.

Proudly shot on Fuji Velvia 400t 16mm and Kodak Vision3 200t Super 8 film.